Windows Vs Linux Web Hosting
By Pamela Henderson
The topic I have chosen to write about is no new issue at all. There are lots of write ups about Windows vs. Linux web hosting. Still people get little confused about choosing the hosting platform for their websites. I want to clarify the matter in very simple way. Actually there is nothing troublesome in deciding either Windows or Linux. Both the systems have their unique features and it is up to the choice of the clients to use certain software and the expertise of the administration in using the service.
Now I like to simply point out the issue below with a try to resolve the most talked about issue Windows vs. Linux web hosting. Hope you will understand the things and can decide your suitable hosting service.
- The foremost thing that comes in consideration in deciding Windows vs. Linux web hosting is the point of affordability. Linux comes with free license to use, whereas for Windows you have to pay for every property. So the charge of Windows hosting is much higher than Linux.
- One of the vital points that ever keep the Windows vs. Linux web hosting issue alive is use of technology for website development. There are technologies like – PHP, ASP,.NET; or database type – Access, MSSQL, Mysql. If you want to use ASP, .Net or Access, MSSQL which are sole property of Microsoft, you have to use Windows hosting only. Whereas PHP, Mysql are open source and can be used on both Linux and Windows.
- People get confused about the level of performance of Windows vs. Linux web hosting. Actually there is no such issue of bad performance. Windows web hosting is sometimes found performing slow as it tries to encompass a lot many services in a package. But in case of Linux there is the point of extension to make the service as per requirements. So the Linux comes little fast in performance. If Windows is also used properly there will not be any such issue.
- Some people try to say that Linux is more secure, reliable and stable in use when the comparison is Windows vs. Linux web hosting! They say the security level is high in Linux. But the reliability, stability and security are also high in Windows. It is up to the web host admin to use both the services properly. Otherwise both is vulnerable to attack by hackers.
- Last but not the least is the point of support in Windows vs. Linux web hosting service. Some say Linux has huge open community support to fix trouble in running hosting service. They say Microsoft is not that much careful to provide proper support! But have you ever thought – how a business can ignore its paid users? Sometimes there may be delay in providing help but Microsoft does provide better support.
Hopefully you have understood how silly the comparison of Windows vs. Linux web hosting service is! Both the hosting service come with their unique and better features. It is totally at the discretion of the clients and expertise of the service provider to make any hosting service look and perform best. Simply if you do not have much money in your hand and want to start up with simple site and hope to take it to complex and high level, Linux is your best choice.
Again if you have got designer and developers who know how to use Microsoft website building service in best way and you have good money to spend on buying Windows hosting, go for it and relax. I like to sum up the Windows vs. Linux web hosting topic in the tune – you are going to drive your vehicle: so fill the oil tank according to your pocket and distance of the destination.
This article about “Windows Vs. Linux web hosting” has been written by Pamela Henderson for onlinewebdirectory.com. This web directory has a web host directory where you are going to come across several web hosting companies who provide both or either of Linux and Windows hosting services. If you want to get information about web design company, graphic design companies and other web related services – this directory is of immense help.